The Importance of an Accurate Jewelry Appraisal
The appraisal process can be a bit baffling to the uninitiated. What you are seeking is a description and valuation of your property, but the value you are quoted is the opinion of the appraiser based on their experience and industry acumen. Value can also vary significantly based on the market of the specific metals or gems in your possession and on the function of the appraisal. To get an accurate appraisal and subsequent top dollar for your jewelry, it is important to search for a company with integrity with a history of professional service and honesty.
What to Look for in an Appraiser and the Appraisal Process
- Look for a straightforward estimated fee that is not based on the value of your jewelry. It is unethical for an appraiser to charge a percentage of the value.
- A clear description of the grading system used for your particular property.
- A fixed total value, clearly stated on the appraisal report. The report should be professional and signed/sealed by the appraiser.
- The appraisal report’s limitations should be clearly explained. Different reports are often utilized for insurance purposes, retail, or auctions.
- A comfortable dialogue with the appraiser, where all of your questions are welcomed and answered.
- An appraiser who first establishes the function of your appraisal.
- An appraiser with membership in industry regulating organizations such as: The Better Business Bureau, The Jewelers Board of Trade, GIA Alumni Association, RapNet, Polygon Jewelry Network and the American Gem Society.
Ralph Mueller & Associates fits the bill in these categories and more. With decades of experience in the industry and state-of-the-art facilities on-hand they are not only capable of providing you with an accurate appraisal, they will help you understand your properties value. If you are in the Phoenix area there are no more qualified gemologists than the professionals at Ralph Mueller.